Deltec MCE601 is the ultimate hang on skimmer now suitable for aquariums up to 875Ltrs (192 gallons) and since its introduction at the end of 2003 has taken the market by storm. The MCE601 is fitted with a full-size pinwheel and generates 400 lts of air at the pump like the TS1250. Its design gives it the flexibility to hang on almost any brand of aquarium or for it to be used inside or hanging on the outside of a sump.
The new DC version of the ever popular MCE600. There is a chamber built into the skimmer where media such as RowaPhos or carbon can be used in a sock or bag and there is even an optional media box available. The performance is as you would expect from any Deltec skimmer, drawing in 300lts of air per hour for maximum waste removal.
The Deltec philosophy is that for every 1000 Ltrs of water in the aquarium that you require 400 - 500 Ltrs of air per hour to achieve efficient skimming. This makes the MCE600 skimmer suitable for 875 Ltrs (192 u.k gallons) for a normally stocked reef aquarium or 563 Ltrs (124 uk gallons) for a heavily stocked fish only system. From testing carried out it has been found that Deltec skimmers produce at least 2 - 4 times the air volume used on most competitors’ skimmers which are claimed to be suitable for comparable water volumes.
- MCE601 Skimmer:
- Can be hung on the outside of the aquarium or sump.
- Draws its own water from the aquarium via the internal needlewheel pump.
- 400 litres of air/hr are produced at the venturi.
- 9-17 watts
- L 260mm W 180mm H 500mm (normal position).
- H 570mm (allowing for removal of the cup).
- Height above lip of aquarium - normal position 230mm.
- Width of body only external to tank 85mm.
- Pipes extend by 95mm from skimmer body.
- Normal Stocking 875 lts (192 UK gallons)
- Heavy Stocking 563 lts (124 UK gallons)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.